Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department. (photograph)
A large number of men in uniform are in front of or standing on a fire truck, which is parked in front of a stone building with a Bank of Minera[l Wells] sign on one window. The men's uniforms are labeled H1L or H&H ; a third type of uniform has a logo of a ladder, pike, and pump. Firefighting tools such as axes, hoses, or pikes are held by many of the men. Four women in long gowns are in the image; one sits on the top of the fire truck and holds the pole of a Texas flag. A card photograph; title supplied by cataloger from accession records. Adele Briscoe Looscan on the far right in front.
21 x 26 cm (8.3 x 10.2 in)
Place of Origin
Mineral Wells (Palo Pinto County, Tex.)
Gift to San Jacinto Museum of History Library from Mr. and Mrs. George A. Hill, Jr., 1947.
[S.l.: s.n., ca. 1897]
Artisan or Artist
Objects Facet -- Visual and Verbal Communication (Hierarchy Name) -- Visual Works (Hierarchy Name) -- visual works (works) -- photographs -- card photographs (photographs)